Sail Charlevoix will be following policies and procedures that will allow us to ensure everyone's safety as our top priority. All sailors/students, volunteers, parents, and staff will be expected to follow these policies. Please note, any of these policies are subject to change as the official guidance and rules of the State of Michigan, the Health Department of Northwest Michigan, and the CDC are updated.
If you have any questions about our policies below, please ask!
- Registration for summer 2022 sessions: February 1
- Youth Learn to Sail, Boyne City: Monday, June 13
- Evening Family Sailing, Boyne City: Thursday, June 16
- Youth Learn to Sail, Charlevoix: Monday, June 27
- Boat Rentals, Charlevoix: Monday, June 27
- Evening Family Sailing, Charlevoix: Thursday, June 30
OVERVIEW OF COVID-19 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- People who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- Full ‘daily’ refund credit to any student that stays home with symptoms of COVID-19. Students who test positive must test negative before returning to class or a rescheduled session. For example, a student attending Monday and Tuesday but falling ill on Wednesday will be given refund credit for the remaining three days in the week, if they are unable to attend classes due to illness. Please see our Refund and Transfer FAQ.
- We encourage vaccination.
- Masking is not required at this time but is optional. Please note, this policy is subject to change as the official guidance and rules of the State of Michigan, the Health Department of Northwest Michigan, and the CDC are updated.
- Students are encouraged to maintain a safe social distance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at school locations.
- Students are not allowed inside the program trailer.
- Students must bring their clothing, closed-toed shoes, sunscreen, water bottles, and any other equipment needed to sail. Let us know before your session if your student needs a loaner lifejacket.
- Restrooms and drinking fountains are public and managed by the cities of Boyne and Charlevoix. Use them at your own risk.
- Students must bring their own snacks and beverages and may not share with others.
- We ask parents to maintain physical distancing recommendations during drop off and pick up. Parents and their visitors may watch their sailor sail from a safe distance.
- We encourage families to limit COVID-19 exposure potential as best as possible leading up to and through your session date.
We will be evaluating the program routinely and will adjust our policies and procedures if needed.
As always, please reach out if you have questions.
Looking forward to a great summer of sailing!